Turnaround Time

Contacted done.com to install 3 ceiling fans on advertised price of $79 per fan. Was quoted $100 uncharge for ceiling height in excess of 12'.

When I asked why, I was told it was for the additional equipment/scaffolding rental required to install on my 17 foot ceiling. Total quote was $336.00 I agreed to the price and set an appointment for the installation on Saturday AM. I had to cancel some plans to make the time work, but wanted to get this done before I had to leave town. I received a call late Friday telling be that they couldn't find a tech for the job and would have to reschedule.

I reluctantly agreed to reschedule on Tuesday (today) because it would require me to take time off from work to be home. The tech/installer called the night before confirming the time. I was sure to remind them that I had a 17 foot ceiling and that would need the proper equipment. The tech confirmed it was not a problem.

The tech showed up 30 minutes late with only an 8 foot ladder. It's pretty simple math 8 foot ladder 5' 9" guy...coming up 4 foot short. The installer goes on to say they do not have a ladder that high. I asked why didn't you think of that when I asked you yesterday....I guess until I see it, I wasn't sure.

17 feet is 17 feet. So, he say he needs to let done.com know. The done.com rep finally gets back in touch with me and tells me another tech will contact me. I get a text asking for pictures of the rooms to install the fans.

I send them. I get a response back that it will be an additional $70 for the equipment rental needed to do the job. I told him that he needed to ask done.com because I already paid a $100 uncharge for the high ceiling. Done.com contacts me to tell me that the $70 upcharge is correct.

I remind them that when I was quoted that I was up front about the ceiling height being 17' ft. high and was already upcharged $100, so why now an additional $70? The companies website also clearly states that the uncharge for high ceilings is to cover the cost of equipment rental. https://done.com/Denver-CO/Handyman/Replace-Ceiling-Fan-$79/2743 I tried to resolve this with the done.com project coordinator and customer service, but they refuse to do the job on the original price agreed upon that already included the up charges.

Both employees I spoke with refused to allow me to speak to any of their superiors or anyone in management to try to escalate the issue. There is no accountability with done.com.

I took a half a day off of work to have this done and not happy about their bait and switch tactics. Very unprofessional organization

Review about: Ceiling Fan Installation.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Very unprofessional and dishonest company.

Comments