Turnaround Time

Needed my deck refinished.Talked to a scheduler and he said he could get someone sent to my house to start the work the next morning.

I got a confirmation text and email. Yay! Next morning came and went. Nobody showed.

I called back the scheduler. He assigned someone else to come that afternoon. That guy came to the house. But he wasn't prepared to do any work??

He just took a look at the deck and confirmed that what I had already asked for is what I needed done. Then he said he could come back the next weekend. Got a call on Wed of that week. He wanted to know if I realized the weekend was Easter?

I said yes and that was fine with us, we really needed the project done. He said OK he would be there. Got a text on Saturday morning. He is "sick." I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, but definitely had my reservations since he wasn't pumped about coming on Easter weekend.

Even though that is the date HE gave me. Rescheduled with the scheduler for the following weekend. Rain in the forecast, so I called mid-week and moved it to the following weekend. Sure enough it poured.

I know weather is not their fault, but if they had come one of the first two weekends as promised, it wouldn't have been an issue. SO Friday rolls around. I get a voicemail confirming that he'll be there on Sunday morning. I replied via text to confirm.

Sunday morning... I set an alarm to be sure I'd be up on time to greet him by 8am. Nothing. Crickets.

I patiently waited until 10:45 before reacting. Called the handyman--no answer. Called the scheduler--no answer. At 11:45 I texted the handyman that I was going to go grab lunch and would be back by 1pm.

No response. I left a voicemail for the scheduler--no response. Today is Thursday and I still haven't heard from either person.

I plan to fire them if they do call, but I don't have high hopes that I'll hear from either of them ever again.How does a company like this stay in business?!?

Review about: Refinishing Service.

Comments